Before you heat up your food from last night, you might want to read this first.

Also Read

Reheating food

Reheating food is a way of life. Whether it's Friday night and you need to clean out your fridge, or you want to turn your leftovers from last night into a whole new meal, our microwaves are our handy kitchen companions. But research shows that reheating some of your favorite foods can be dangerous to your health, especially if they were stored incorrectly beforehand.

These foods, for instance, could give you food poisoning—or worse—if reheated or stored improperly:

Celery, Spinach & Beets

Heat can cause the nitrates of these veggies to turn toxic & release carcinogenic properties when they are heated up the second time.


Proteins can deteriorate as soon as you cut them up & that's bad news for your belly.


Reheating this protein powerhouse when it's boiled or scrambled can be toxic & very bad for the digestive system.


If potatoes are left to cool down at room temperature instead of immediately refrigerating, the warm temperature can promote the growth of botulism, a bacteria. Botulism can't be killed in a microwave or at high temperature, so it is best to refrigerate them immediately to avoid any problems with reheating.


Uncooked rice can contain spores of bacteria that can cause food poisoning. When the rice is cooked, the spores can survive. If the rice is left standing at room temperature, the spores will multiply & may produce poisons that cause vomiting or diarrhea. Reheating the rice won't get rid of these poisons.


The protein composition in the food actually changes when cold, refrigerated chicken is heated for the second time. This can actually cause digestive troubles, so if you'd prefer to reheat your meat, make sure that it's thoroughly cooked.

Foods with lots of oil
All oils can withstand varying levels of heat, but if that level is exceeded, it produces toxic fumes & hazardous substances called free radicals that can cause cancer.

Previous Post Next Post